The settlement of this tax is due to whoever owns the property on 31 December of the year to which the Tax relates.
Stamp duty, as the name implies, is a tax levied on acts and contracts. This tax must be paid in the deed of purchase and sale, and in the case of contracting housing loans (stamp duty on the deed of Mútuo with Mortgage).
Stamp duty is levied on the transaction value of the property or on the tax asset value. The higher of these two rates shall apply to the following rates:
Deed of Purchase and Sale – 0.8%
The settlement of this tax must be made by the buyers and carried out before the acquisition of the property in any finance office together with the IMT.
C.P.C.V. includes the following information:
- Identification of the parties (buyer and seller);
- Identification of the property to be transacted;
- The maximum period for signing the deed and the counterparts;
- Transaction price, a form of payment, signal value and Payment phases;
- What is included in the purchase, for example, furniture, in the form of an attached inventory list;
- An explicit indication that the good will be sold free of any charges and charges.
The deed of purchase and sale is the official document where the transaction of the property is formalized, the contracting and credit conditions and the constitution of the mortgage. After signing the deed, the property will be registered in the name of the buyer at the Land Registry, as well as all public service contracts of the previous owner (s). The endorsement of the acquisition in the Finance Department (Tax and Customs Authority) is now done automatically by the notary.
For more information and clarifications, please contact us.